Kolping Chapel

Registered Site L1962

Kolping Chapel

Father Joseph Wuest established the Detroit chapter of the Catholic Kolping Society in 1926. Wuest inscribed "Honor by means of untiring work," on a plaque for this chapel, which he built in 1932. Constructed of stones and shells sent from Kolping societies, churches and missions worldwide, the Neo-Gothic chapel is reminiscent of European wayside shrines. Father Adolph Kolping founded the society in 1846 to benefit German tradesmen and their families.
photo of Kolping Chapel

Erected 1997

Location: Kolping Park Sugarbush Ln. south of Cotton
Chesterfield Township, Macomb County

Topics:
Catholic Churches

Latitude: 42.65118, Longitude: -82.81701

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com