In 1916 the Monarch Milling Company, a grist and flour mill, began operations in this building, which was constructed in 1914. By 1920 it was known as the Alpena Flour Mills, producing "Leader" and "Velvo" brand flour. The mill closed in 1956, but during its forty years of operation, it played an integral part in the daily life of the community. Much of the original equipment remains in place.
Photo courtesy of Ralph Huss.
Registered Site L1973
633 Campbell St
Alpena, Alpena County Topics:AgricultureHome
Latitude: 45.0605895, Longitude: -83.4543156