Saint Peter's Episcopal Church
In 1839 Episcopalians held the first church service in Hillsdale. St. Peter’s Church was organized in 1844. The original Gothic Revival church dates from 1859 and forms the Sanctuary of the present church. St. Peter’s housed the first pipe organ in and church bell in Hillsdale. In 1881 the steeple, vestibule and transept were added. Following fires in 1935 and 1965 that destroyed most of the interior, the building was restored.