Trinity Lutheran Church
In 1871, German-speaking Lutherans organized this congregation under the leadership of the Reverend John F. Ruff. The parish moved from Erie Street to this area known as "Deutschtown," in 1874. This structure, dedicated in 1942, is the third church built on the site. Detroit architect Walter Maul designed the church, and the Detroit Stained Glass Works produced the windows. Trinity's school opened in 1871.