Southfield United Presbyterian Church
In 1850 seventeen Irish immigrants met in the home of Matthew Erwin Sr. and organized what became the Southfield United Presbyterian Church. Two years later they relocated a vacant church building to this site and met there until the present Greek Revival style chapel was built in 1862. In 1912 laborers, using horses and wooden shovels, dug a basement under the church. The education unit and sanctuary date from 1953 and 1960 respectively.