First Congregational Church
Members of the First Congregational Church of Saginaw formally gathered in 1857. They laid the cornerstone of this Romanesque Revival church in 1867, and the church was completed the following year according to plans by Gordon W. Lloyd of Detroit. The sanctuary featured stained glass windows by Tiffany and Company, (installed in 1913), and A.J. Timler (installed in 1969). Between 1927 and 1957 the church expanded with the addition of the chapel, the fellowship hall, the classroom wing and the Mary E. Dow House, designed by Midland architect Alden Dow. First Congregational Church joined the United Church of Christ in 1967.