Muskegon Woman's Club

Muskegon Woman's Club

The Muskegon Woman's Club was founded in 1890, and dedicated to the intellectual "improvement and development" of women. The Chicago firm of Weir and Perry designed this neo classical structure, built in 1902 with funds donated by Minnie Smith, the widow of Muskegon attorney Francis Smith. The club lobbied the city to hire the first police woman, held performances and worked with charitable groups such as the Red Cross and the Council of National Defense.
photo of Muskegon Woman

Registered Site L2043
Erected 2000

Location: 280 West Webster Avenue
Muskegon, Muskegon County

Topics:
Clubs and Organizations

Home

Latitude: 43.2345418, Longitude: -86.2505346

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com