West Harrisville Depot
In 1893 lumberman and Civil War hero Russell Alger led the consolidation of several lumber railroads as the Detroit, Bay City, and Alpena Railroad, bringing passenger and freight service to this region for the first time. Built in 1886, the depot was taken over by the Detroit and Mackinac Railroad in 1895 and renovated in 1913. Service ceased in 1927 and from 1930 to 1996 the building served as a residence. Citizens saved the depot from demolition in 1997.