Swedish Lutheran Church
During the 1870s and 1880s, Ludington Swedes, Danes and Norwegians worshipped together as the Scandinavian Lutheran Society. In 1873 the society built a church where all three languages were spoken. The Swedes, who formed their own congregation on August 3, 1874, assumed sole ownership of the building in 1887. In 1901 they built the present church, designed by local architect Charles Boerner.