Joseph and Mary Hall House
Local builder Nathan Johnson built this house around 1845 for Charlotte's first physician, Joseph R. Hall, and his wife, Mary. The house was moved from the business district to this site in 1868. Many professionals lived here including veterinarians Betty Wright Rann, and her husband, Richard, who built a clinic at the rear of the house in 1950. Betty Rann was one of the nation's first female licensed large-animal veterinarians.