The Chene House

The Chene House

Wells D. Butterfield and his daughter Emily (the state's first licensed architect) designed this house for Edward and Evelyn Chene. The house was built in 1927 as part of "The Oakdales" one of the first subdivisions in Farmington Township. The Great Lakes Development Company hired the Butterfields to plan the community with small "estate sized" houses, tennis courts, ornamental lakes and putting greens. The project failed due to the Great Depression.
photo of The Chene House

Registered Site L2077
Erected 2000

Location: 29920 Ardmore
Farmington Hills, Oakland County

Topics:
Historic Homes

Home

Latitude: 42.51627, Longitude: -83.363903

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com