The Presbyterian Church
In 1831, Luther Humphrey of the American Home Missionary Society organized the Presbyterian Church of Edwardsburg. He described the village as "a few log cabins ... standing amongst the bushes and brush." Members worshipped in homes until the chapel was built in 1856. In 1923, Emily Coolidge Chapin of Chicago donated money to renovate the church. The former Edwardsburg resident was the widow of iron entrepreneur Charles Chapin.