St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Erin Township's German immigrants first worshipped together in a log church amid an oak forest in 1846. The following year the Reverend John Friedrich Winkler helped organize St. Peter's church as a "country church" near Detroit. This is the third building occupied by the congregation. Dedicated in 1950, the church and school were designed by Merritt and Cole and are fine mid-twentieth century interpretations of the Neo-Gothic style. The church bells were brought from the congregation's second church, which stood two blocks south of here from 1859 to 1950. The adjacent cemetery was dedicated in 1888.