John Johnson Sr. donated property for this cemetery in 1838. His son Samuel had been buried on the land in 1835. John Johnson Jr. was among the township's first white settlers. The Johnsons and many pioneers are buried here. All but 20 of the 211 graves, most marked with slabs or tablets, date from the nineteenth century. Nearly one-third are children younger than ten years old, reflecting the hardship endured by early pioneers.