Paw Paw Public Library

Registered Site L2114

Paw Paw Public Library

This building opened as the Paw Paw Library on June 26, 1920. Jackson architect Claire Allen designed the library, as well as the nearby county courthouse. Pennsylvania industrialist Andrew Carnegie donated ten thousand dollars toward construction and required Paw Paw citizens to contribute forty-five hundred dollars and commit to long-term maintenance. In 1991 the library relocated. This building reopened as the Carnegie Community Center in 1995.
photo of Paw Paw Public Library

Erected 2002

Location: 129 South Kalamazoo Street
Paw Paw, Van Buren County

Topics:
Carnegie Libraries

Latitude: 42.21733, Longitude: -85.890896

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com