Immanuel Methodist Episcopal Church
German immigrants began organizing Methodist churches in Michigan in 1846. In 1849 a small group founded the Immanuel Methodist Church in Roseville to serve Detroit's northeast side. In 1933, when the Roseville church was razed to widen Gratiot Avenue, the congregation relocated here. This Neo-Gothic sandstone church, the congregation's third was designed by Merritt and Cole of Detroit and was dedicated on November 5, 1933.