Union Depot

Union Depot

The Union Depot began passenger service for the Michigan Central and Pere Marquette Railroads in 1902. The Detroit architectural firm of Spier and Rohns, which planned many Michigan Central stations, designed the building with Chateauesque conical towers and cut stone arches. The depot closed in 1972. Restauranteur Peter Jubeck bought the building in 1978 and transformed it into an eatery, retaining the quarter-sawn oak interior and installing locally crafted stained glass windows.
photo of Union Depot

Registered Site L2141
Erected 2004

Location: 637 East Michigan
Lansing, Ingham County

Topics:
Transportation

Home

Latitude: 42.7343023, Longitude: -84.5429813

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com