St. Mary's Catholic Church
St. Mary's Church began as a mission of the Catholic diocese of Grand Rapids. The first church was built around 1884. The parish grew to become a predominantly Polish congregation while under the pastorate of Father Casmir Skory (1892 - 1905). In 1893 Father Skory founded the St. Mary's School, which was served by the Dominican Sisters. Father Skory was instrumental in the planning and construction of this church in 1900.