Fractional District No. 3 School
Seneca Township children attended school here, on the Wilson Farm, as early as 1857. As school inspector, Simon Wilson oversaw construction and maintenance of schools for fifteen years. In 1899 his son Charles sold land to the district, and this school was built. Here, students received grades for deportment, in addition to subjects like agriculture and penmanship. The school closed when Morenci schools consolidated in 1955.