Built in 1904, this 204-foot-long bridge carried the Detroit and Saginaw Turnpike over the Cass River in Bridgeport Township. By around 1919 the pike, which became the well-traveled Dixie Highway, required a more substantial crossing and this bridge was replaced and relocated to this site. The bridge closed in 1979. William 'Tiny' Zehnder had the structure restored as a pedestrian bridge in 2004. The Gugel Bridge is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.