Crawford Settlement Burying Ground
Revolutionary War veteran John Crawford and his wife, Ann, founded this cemetery in 1837. Ornate headstones exhibit trends in funerary art over two centuries, and the German script on markers reflects the migration of European immigrants after the Erie Canal opened in 1825. Veterans of every major war since the American Revolution are buried here. The community was named Meade in 1863, but remained locally known as the Crawford Settlement.