Roger E. Reed, whose father was a blacksmith and carriage maker, built this structure in 1905. The front of the building housed an office and carriages, while the back was a stable of 25 stalls. Here travelers boarded stages bound for Holland, Grand Rapids, or Allegan, and customers rented horses and wagons. The cement block building was hailed as modern and fireproof, and it served as the village fire station during the 1950s. An Eskimo Pie factory was among the manufacturers once located here.