First Congregational Church

First Congregational Church

On March 7, 1827, the Reverend Calvin Clark of Homer led sixteen people in organizing the First Congregational Church of Union City. The congregation is likely the oldest of this denomination in the state. This Romanesque Revival building dates from 1862. Additions and renovations occurred over the years to accommodate a growing membership. The original pipe organ and stained glass windows were replaced during a major remodeling in 1917.
photo of First Congregational Church

Registered Site L2190
Erected 2007

Location: 410 N Broadway St
Union City, Branch County

Topics:
Congregational Churches

Home

Latitude: 42.077923204, Longitude: -85.13532042

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com