Fairman Bulding

Fairman Bulding

Banker Ferdinand Fairman (1833-1902) built this structure in 1880-81. The upper floors housed offices, and the basement and first floor offered a variety of commercial businesses, including a combined tobacco store -- billiard hall and Fairman's bank. The block was designed and built by Crocker and Hudnutt of Big Rapids. Fairman closed his bank in 1889, but opened a new one in 1896 after the Panic of 1893 left the city without a bank.
photo of Fairman Bulding

Registered Site L2202
Erected 2009

Location: 102-106 S. Michigan Ave.
Big Rapids, Mecosta County

Topics:
Commercial Buildings

Home

Latitude: 43.697789606, Longitude: -85.48213005

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com