Herman & Lela Wilson
In 1915 Herman and Lela Wilson came to Yates Township with twenty-five people from Chicago to inspect the real estate that would become the African American resort of Idlewild. The Wilsons promoted and sold property in Idlewild. In 1921 they moved here permanently. Between July 1922 and August 1925 the couple platted three subdivisions, giving the streets names such as Paradise Path, Righteous Road, Wisdom Way, and Kindness Avenue.