Idlewild Lot Owners Association
In 1920 Idlewild's founders, Wilber Lemon, Alvin Wright, and brothers Erastus and Adelbert Branch, joined William Jennings to form the Idlewild Lot Owners Association (ILOA). The ILOA was responsible for public improvements and maintenance of the resort, in addition to promoting fellowship and community pride. Sunday forums featured speakers like fellow resorter and author Charles Chestnutt. In 1934, the Womens Club of Idlewild merged with the ILOA where women often assumed leadership roles. The ILOA hosted fashion and variety shows as fundraisers for improvement projects. In 1954 the IOLA purchased this site and began developing youth programs. This building the Robert Riffe Youth Center, opened around 1962.