Grand Blanc Consolidated School
At the close of the nineteenth century, many rural Michigan school districts were in crisis as people left farms for city and industrial jobs. A 1903 state law authorized consolidated school districts and provided for public transportation to ensure access to more distant schools. Local schools quickly responded and in 1904 nearby Porter and Cook had joined with Grand Blanc. By 1921 the entire township consolidated.