Battle Creek Community College
In September 1956 Battle Creek Community College opened near this site. Founded by Battle Creek Public Schools, it was originally housed in a Grand Army of the Republic Hall that was demolished in 1972. Begun with 176 full and part-time students and four faculty, it grew rapidly. A 1959 donation from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation allowed the College to move to its present location, renamed Kellogg Community College.