Kellogg Community College
Kellogg Community College began in 1956 as Battle Creek Community College. It was housed in a Grand Army of the Republic Hall on College Street. Its enrollment quickly expanded beyond the location's capacity, and in 1958 the city voters passed a millage to support the construction of a new campus over several years. A 1959 grant of $1.75 million from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation allowed five new buildings to be added at once, and the school was renamed Kellogg Community College. The local firm of Lewis J. Sarvis and Associates planned the campus and buildings, which reflect Modern design. Groundbreaking began that year, and in May 1962 the college was dedicated.