Erwin Central School
In 1909, the newly formed Erwin Township School District built this one-room schoolhouse, "according to the plaque." The school served the area's Finnish-born mining, logging, and farming families. The township bought the school in 1928 and altered it for use as the Town Hall and a community building. Some classes continued to be held here until 1931, when the district consolidated its five one-room schoolhouses into the nearby K.P. Silberg Central School.