St. Philip Roman Catholic Church
The Quaker meetinghouse on this site was purchased at auction by local Catholics in 1863. St. Philip Roman Catholic has been on this corner since then. The first school opened in 1880. The current Romanesque building, dedicated in 1930, after the previous church was destroyed by fire in 1928, was designed by local architect Adelbert B. Chanel. It is St. Philips fifth church to stand at this location.