The Coloma Interurban Station
Built in 1910 the Benton Harbor - St. Joe Railway and Light Company, this station served passengers and freight until 1928. The stations transformer provided Coloma's first source of of electricity. The electrified interurban rail line originally ran from Benton Harbor through Millburg to Coloma. In 1913 it was extended east to Watervliet. In the summer a spur carried vacationers, many from Chicago on to Paw Paw resorts. Each evening, the railway carried fruit from the area to Benton Harbor. From there it was shipped overnight to Chicago for the morning market. Between 1928 and 1933 the building was used as an electrical substation.