Holy Cross Church
Father Frederic Baraga (1797-1868) landed on Beaver Island as a missionary in 1832. This church was built in 1860 and consecrated by Baraga, the Bishop of the Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie. This church originally stood inland alongside the parish cemetery one mile to the south. To better serve the island's population center on Paradise Bay, Holy Cross Church was cut in half and reassembled at this location in 1957.