Hubbards Annex to the Natl Park
Gordon Hubbard (1802 - 1886) came to Mackinac Island from New England in 1818 to work in the fur trade. His expanding businesses centered on Chicago, where in 1834 he was elected as a town trustee. In 1855 Hubbard purchased this property, building a cottage in 1870. In 1882, Hubbard divided his land into parcels for a summer cottage community. At the time, much of the island was the nation's second National Park.