H. C. Lewis Art Gallery
Businessman Henry Clay Lewis and his wife, Alma, built the original part of this structure in 1869 to house their extensive art collection and make it available to the public. The Italianate building complimented the Lewises' adjacent home. Upon Alma's death on 1895, most of the art was donated to the University of Michigan in accordance with Henry's will. The building served as a Y.M.C.A. from 1896 until 1913, when it became the Masonic Temple.