Sutherland - Wilson Farm
In the 1805s, Langford (1802 - 1865) and Lydia (1806 - 1892) Sutherland replaced their small log cabin with this Greek Revival house. Farm buildings from that eras were built from locally harvested hand-hewn timber and hand-cut stones gathered from nearby fields. Here the Sutherlands raised horses, sheep, dairy and beef cattle. oxen pigs and crops including buckwheat clover seed, wheat, corn, hay and oats. Other goods produced by the farm included Irish potatoes, butter, wool and cheese. Descendant of Langford and Lydia lived and farmed here for more that 150 years. The Sutherland - Wilson Farm was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.