Norwegian Lutheran Church
Five Norwegian immigrant families established the village of Leer in 1879. They founded the Norwegian Lutheran Church Society in 1882. The small congregation met in a school until it built this church in 1899. Members donated lumber and crafted the baptismal font, altar, pulpit and pews. Services were conducted solely in Norwegian until 1922. The church, parish house and cemetery are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.