Eastern Liggett School
Albert Kahn designed this school in the Arts and Crafts style in 1913. It opened in 1914 as Eastern Liggett, a college preparatory school for girls, Kahn oversaw the addition of an auditorium, gymnasium and new classrooms in 1923, and the front gate installation in 1928. Many of Liggett's early students were the daughters of business owners from the surrounding Indian Village neighborhood. In 1964, Liggett School moved to Grosse Pointe.