Wayside Memorial Park
In 1945-46 the Litchfield Garden Club created this park on land donated by the Litchfield Dairy Association. The club's Memorial Committee, composed of Jessie Bowersox, Martha Beauchampet and Pauline Kropshot, used landscaping and green space to beautify the space, which had been used as a trash dump. The focal point was a stone memorial honoring ten local men who died in World War II. The Committee designated the adjacent one-mile section of M-99 as "Memorial Mile."