This cemetery was created around 1853 by the Nowlin family, which owned this land and lived on a nearby farm. The first person buried here was James A. Nowlin, the ten year old son of William and Adelia Nowlin. Other nineteenth-century people interred here include members of the Thompson, Penny, Bolle, and Griffin families. In 1950 Dearborn Township took ownership of the cemetery at the Nowlin family's request. The City of Dearborn Heights became the owner after its 1963 incorporation.
Registered Site L2286
5649 Madison Street
Dearborn Heights, Wayne County Topics:CemeteriesHome
Latitude: 42.269582408, Longitude: -83.26489269