First Congregational Church
On January 26, 1868, twenty-three early Frankfort residents founded First Congregational Church of Frankfort. They received guidance from an established Congregational Church in Benzonia, Michigan. In accordance with the practices of Congregationalism, the founders adopted a seven-article confession, covenant and by-laws to form the basis of church governance. The first elected Deacons were Richard Ball and W.H. Marsh. The Reverend A.H. Fletcher was the first pastor.