Hoyt Shelter and Field House
Local architect Donald A. Kimball designed this shelter and field house in 1938. Funded by the federal Works Progress Administration, it incorporated Bay Port stone from the razed Darmstaetter Brewery located at the south end of the park. With offices above and a warming and concession room below, this building supported ice skating and other sporting activities, including sledding, tobogganing and baseball. In 2008 the Friends of Hoyt Park raised funds to rehabilitate the building.