Grace Episcopal Church Buildings
In August 1866 Manley Howard and Heber Walsh invited missionary Rev. Robert Wood to conduct an Episcopal service in Holland. Grace parish was organized the next year. The Rev. Joash Rice Taylor, its first rector, led the congregation into the Diocese of Michigan on June 10, 1968. It joined the new Diocese of Western Michigan in 1874. Struggling as a missionary church in a community dominated by Dutch Reformed churches for sixty years, it lacked a rector for months at a time and faced limited resources, debt and fires.Grace became independent of missionary assistance and self supporting in 1928. It stabilized under the leadership of the Rev. William C. Warner, rector from 1943 to 1966. Grace was a leadership in offering women leadership opportunities.