Grosse Pointe Shores Village Hall
The Village of Grosse Pointe Shores incorporated in 1911. After a few years of holding meetings in local homes, the village council purchased this property to build a village hall. Albert Kahn, who later designed the Fisher Building in Detroit, created plans for the hall. The village council held its first meeting here in 1915. The hall originally housed local government offices, including the police and fire stations. It also served as a community center, where residents could enjoy motion pictures, town dances and the first public library in the Grosse Pointes. In 1929, the upper level was converted into apartments for public safety officers. In the 1960s, fire doors were expanded to accommodate new fire trucks and office renovations modernized the building’s interior.