Cook Family Cemetery
On May 22, 1831, the Presbyterian Church in Newark, New York, formally dismissed twelve of its members who where moving to Michigan and organized them into a new church. The new congregation became the Saline Presbyterian Church. Among them where Peter Cook (1776-1861), His son Jacob, and their families. They and their neighbors had begun to use this land as a cemetery by 1837. Most of the people buried here were members of the Cook, Kellogg, or Kanouse families.