St. Clair River

St. Clair River

Linking the upper and lower Great Lakes, this river has become one of the world's great marine highways. In the 1700s canoes passed here with furs destined to adorn Europe's royalty. Ships built at Marine City by Sam and Eber Brock Ward during the mid-1800s carried many immigrants up this river on their way to new homes in the West. By the 1900s mighty freighters returned from the north with iron ore, copper, grain - products of these settlers' labor.
photo of St. Clair River
photo of St. Clair River

St. Clair River

Dedication Photo

Dedication Photo courtesy of State Historical Commission
Registered Site S0124
Erected 1957

Location: Across M-29 from State Park
Algonac, Saint Clair County

Topics:
Missing Markers
Natural Features

Evidence indicates that this Marker is no longer in place.

Home

Latitude: 42.6469534, Longitude: -82.5138688

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com