St. Andrew's Parish
Beginning in 1845 the Reverend Andrew Jamieson, an Anglican missionary, served Saint John the Baptist Church on nearby Walpole Island, Ontario. In the early 1860s, Jamieson (1814 - 1885) established a mission in Algonac. He conducted morning services on Walpole Island and afternoon services in Algonac homes. The first class was confirmed in 1863, and four years later a church dedicated to Saint Andrew, was built. The Gothic Revival board-and-batten building stood on the corner of Green and Michigan streets.