John Almon Starr (1828-1895) and his wife Nancy Quick (1831-1895), built this house from bricks fired in Almon's tile factory. Almon and his parents emigrated to Michigan from Richmond, New York in 1831, the same year Nancy was born in Royal Oak Township. Almon and his father, Orson Starr
, manufactured animal bells until 1866, when Almon started his brick yard and tile works at this location later known as Starr Corners. The house was occupied by the Starr family until 1967.