Hillsdale College

Hillsdale College

In 1844 a group of Freewill Baptists organized Michigan Central College at Spring Arbor. This college was the first in Michigan to grant degrees to women. Moved to Hillsdale in 1853 and chartered by the legislature in 1855, the school was renamed Hillsdale College under an independent board of trustees, its only controlling organization. The charter opened the institution "to all persons... irrespective of nationality, color or sex."
photo of Hillsdale College

Registered Site S0230
Erected 1968

Location: Campus
Hillsdale, Hillsdale County

Topics:
Colleges and Universities

Home

Latitude: 41.9321670, Longitude: -84.6336507

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com