SS. Peter and Paul Church
This is the oldest extant church in Detroit. Designed by Francis Letourno in the basilica form, it was built between 1844 and 1848 and served as the cathedral of the Detroit diocese under Bishop Lefevre. In 1877 Bishop Borgess gave the parish to the Jesuit Fathers to build a college here. This is now the University of Detroit. The church exterior retains its original simplicity and dignity.